- GOD IS…. the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son, & Holy Spirit. Genesis 1:1, Psalm 90:2, Mathew 28:19-20, Acts 2:32-33, John 3:1
- JESUS CHRIST IS….the Son of God who lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the only acceptable sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to heaven and will return to earth again to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He is still alive and changes lives today! Matthew 1:22-23, Isaiah 9:6, John 1:1-5, John 14: 10-30, Hebrews 4:14-15, Acts 1:9-11, 1 Timothy 6:14-15, Titus 2:13
- THE HOLY SPIRIT IS….equal with the Father and the Son as God. He is present in the world today to make us aware of our need for Jesus Christ. He lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. The Holy Spirit empowers and indwells every believer and provides Christians with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. Christ followers are blessed with different gifts of the Holy Spirit as described in scripture. These gifts are the Holy Spirit pointing to Jesus as Christ and Lord. 2 Corinthians 3:17, John 16:7-13, Acts 1:8, 1 Corinthians 2:12, 1 Corinthians 3:16, Ephesians 1:13-14, Galatians 5:25, Ephesians 5:18
- THE BIBLE IS….the Holy Spirit-inspired word of God and is the redemption story of a fallen world through the love and sacrifice of Jesus. It is our guide for holy living and growing faith in Christ. The Bible must be taken as the complete, whole truth of God and cannot be pulled apart for our own human perspective and understanding. 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21, 2 Timothy 1:13, Psalm 119:105, Psalm 119:160, Psalm 12:6, Proverbs 30:5
- PEOPLE ARE….made in the image of God and the masterpiece of His creation. Although we have tremendous potential for good, we’re not perfect. We are all damaged and broken by an attitude of disobedience toward God called sin. Sin separates people from God. That’s why we all need Jesus. Romans 3:23, Genesis 1:27, Psalm 8:3-6, Isaiah 53:6, Isaiah 59:1-2
- SALVATION IS….a free gift of God that has been made available to all as a result of Jesus’ death on the cross and resurrection. We are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. Salvation is not something that can be purchased or earned and is available to everyone who accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Baptism by immersion symbolizes our sharing in His death, burial, and resurrection and the washing away of our sins. John 3:16-17, Romans 6:23, Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 10:9-10, Romans 6:1-4, Acts 2:38, Mark 16:16, Galatians 3:26-27
- WEEKLY COMMUNION IS….a real encounter with Jesus and was initiated by Jesus. It allows us to participate in Christ’s death, burial and resurrection and is available each Sunday. Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 10:16, 1 Corinthians 11:23-26
- PRAYER IS….direct communication with God and is a vital part of the Christian life and relationship with the Lord. Psalm 54:2, Mathew 6:9-13, Matthew 21:22, Acts 2:42
- THE CHURCH IS….the body of Christ on earth. It exists to communicate the good news of new life in Jesus Christ to the world, to teach His followers to obey His teachings, and to equip His followers for ministry. The church is made up of those who have placed their faith in Christ. 1 Corinthians 12:27, Matthew 28:19-20, John 10:10, Ephesians 4:11-14, Acts 2:38
- ETERNITY IS….how long we were created to exist with God. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin or in union with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is hell. To be eternally in union with Him is heaven. Heaven and hell are real places of eternal existence. John 3:16-18, John 5:28-29, 2 Corinthians 4:14, 1 John 2:24-25, 1 John 5:11-13, Romans 6:23, Revelation 20:15
MARRIAGE IS….established by God. Scripture defines marriage as the exclusive covenantal union of one biological man and one biological woman for life. “Biological” means the condition of being male or female, which is determined by a person’s chromosomes and is identified at birth by a person’s anatomy.Genesis 2:24, Matthew 19:4-6, Ephesians 5:21-33
LIFE IS….created, sustained, and most-highly valued by God from life in the womb, through our life on earth, to our life in eternity.Psalm 139:13-16, Jeremiah 1:5, Acts 17:24-28
- Authenticity: Being real with God and with one another.
- Prayer: We desire an intimate relationship with our God, so we pray as individuals and as a body.
- Bible: We believe the Bible, as the Word of God, speaks perfectly to the practical issues of today and is the foundation for all that we do.
- Worship: We respond to God's overwhelming grace with celebration and adoration.
- Reaching Out: We want to love people and reach them for Christ in our community and around the world.
- Equipping: We believe that everyone, both men and women, have been granted special gifts by God and are called to serve Him with those gifts. We respond by equipping them for that service and empowering them to serve.
- Community: We seek to connect people so they can experience genuine community, caring for one another and investing in each other's lives.
- Forgiveness: We believe God has forgiven us by His grace and we should model that forgiveness with each other.
- Kingdom: We believe that we are just one part of a much larger kingdom of God's work in the world.
- Excellence: We understand the importance of offering our very best to God.
- Discipleship: We believe living a Christ-like life follows the path of Belonging, Believing, then Becoming.
That God will form us into...
- A church of PASSIONATE, celebrative worshipers
- A church of PURPOSEFUL community.
- A church where PEOPLE come to Jesus daily.
- A church of POWERFUL prayer.
- A church that PLANTS churches.
- A church that PURSUES and PREPARES students.
- A church that PARTNERS with people to bless others.