- Student Minister
- Non-Denominational Church
- Church Size: 250 with average attendance of 150 per Sunday
- Full Time Position
Summary of Role:
New Life Church is seeking to hire a new Student Minister. This person will serve as the primary leader in all areas relating to Student Ministry (6th-12th Grade). Our desire is to find a Student Minister who is passionate about reaching the next generation and accomplishes that by finding and raising up great leaders to impact students.
Below is a general list of job responsibilities, in no particular order, as a reference point.
- A person with a heart for God, a desire to teach, and a love for God’s people.
- Provide leadership and coaching for Student Ministry Volunteer Team.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Student Ministry Leaders.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with students and their families.
- Oversee logistics of Student Ministry, including lesson plans, communicating with volunteer leaders, safety and security, vision, facility and technology, and regular follow-up with visitors and those missing.
- Be excellent at volunteer recruitment and developing a healthy leader culture, including discipleship, leader training, and leader appreciation initiatives.
- Work with other New Life staff to champion healthy families and identify opportunities to better equip, encourage, and partner with parents.
- Manage the Student Ministry budget.
- Work closely with other New Life ministries to provide additional support in church wide events as needed.
- Oversee the upkeep of the Student Ministry area.
- Has the ability and the heart to continue and train a student worship team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Fulfills the character qualifications and duties of an elder as taught in the Scriptures (1 Timothy 3 & 5, Titus 1 & 2, 1 Peter 5).
- Leads with Joy and passion.
- Is a hard worker.
- Possesses strong gifts of leading, teaching, administration, organization, and time management.
- Is theologically aligned with New Life Church’s Statement of Faith.