- Senior Minister
- Non-Denominational Church
- Church Size: 250 members with 150 average per Sunday
- Full Time Position
Summary of Role:
New Life Church is seeking to hire a new Senior Minister for our multi-generational, Shepherd-led congregation. He will serve as the primary leader in the areas of preaching/teaching, vision casting, staff oversight, and shepherding our congregation. Our desire is to find a Senior Minister who can bring all of the different ministries together as a unified team, build strong relationships, and grow our congregation both spiritually and physically. The Senior Minister and his wife will serve as one of our Shepherding Couples and will be accountable to the Shepherding Couples Team for their specific role.
The final job description will be agreed upon between the Shepherding Couples and the incoming Senior Minister. Below is a general list of job responsibilities, in no particular order, as a reference point.
- Must have an intimate relationship with God, a desire to preach and teach, and a love for God’s people.
- Lead and attend staff meetings and retreats.
- Cultivate a strong staff culture by leading and working alongside them in personal discipleship, individual mentoring, goal setting, and vision casting.
- Lead and work alongside the other Shepherds and staff to cast vision and systems that will guide our church to impact our community with the hope that Jesus brings.
- Pastoral care for the members of New Life alongside other church staff and Shepherds, including officiating weddings and funerals.
- Counsel church members or refer as needed.
- Oversee building and grounds.
- Fulfills the character qualifications and duties of a shepherd as taught in the Scriptures (1 Timothy 3 & 5, Titus 1 & 2, 1 Peter 5).
- Has the ability and desire to preach and teach.
- Possesses strong gifts of leading, teaching, administration, organization, and time management.
- Is theologically aligned with New Life Church’s Statement of Faith
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a Ministry Field or comparable experience
- 5+ years of ministry experience is preferred